The Determining Factors That Affect Your Texas Auto Insurance Rate!
Stop paying more than you need to for your Texas auto insurance policy.
A question I get all the time as a Texas insurance agent is, what are the factors the insurance companies consider when rating Texas car insurance? The truth is there are many factors considered.
Below I have provided some information about the key factors. Insurance companies consider all of these when determining your Texas insurance policy rate.
Make sure you are taking advantage of all the Texas auto insurance quotes discounts I mention below. Like the 27% savings available when you package your home and auto insurance with the same Texas insurance company.
The Texas county you live in can make a difference.
- The county you live in plays a big factor in your Texas auto insurance premium.
- Higher risk areas will see higher premiums for their car insurance.
Annual miles is the same as the number of miles driven in one year.
- If you put on over 10,000 miles on your vehicle every year your rate will be higher than someone who drives under 10,000 miles.
- The Texas insurance companies have determined the more miles you drive the greater the chance of getting in a accident.
The performance and the quality of the vehicle help determine the rate.
- The price make and model and age of the vehicle will be factored into the rate.
- Those purchasing more expensive cars or a brand new vehicle, will pay higher insurance premiums than those with older vehicles.
Your personal information plays a determining factor in your insurance premium.
- Your marital status, education, and profession may increase or decrease your rate.
- The age of the driver plays a major factor when rating car insurance.
- The younger the driver the greater your Texas auto insurance premium will be.
- If you are a male under 25 or a female under 21 you are paying the greatest premium. If you are a male under 25 or a female under 21 you are paying the greatest premium.
Multiple vehicles and multiple drivers influence your auto rate.
- Multiple drivers and vehicles usually help lower the price of each vehicles premium unless the additional drivers are under 25.
Most auto insurance companies use your credit rate to factor your premium.
The enhanced safety features play a role in your overall insurance rate.
- Examples of additional safety features are car alarm systems, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights and additional air bags.
The deductible amount you choose can play a major factor in your rate.
- The higher you're deductible the lower your premiums will be.
Articles and Special Reports!