Eight Texas Car Coverage Questions You Should Ask Your Houston Auto Insurance Agent
Below I have provided eight questions everyone should ask a Texas auto insurance before placing their insurance within their agency. This should help you find the right agent for your auto insurance Texas policy.
Question #1: Is your agent a direct writer or a Texas independent insurance agent?
Direct Writers are limited to the companies they write through.
Houston insurance agents, who write for a direct insurance company, are only allowed to sale through that particular company.
Independent insurance Houston agents can shop multiple companies to find the best rate.
- An independent insurance agent is able to sell through multiple carriers. This allows them to shop your insurance through many companies to find the best policy.
- An Independent Agency does not work for a specific insurance company. They work for you!
Question #2: What you should ask your agent about their Texas auto insurance experience?
- How long has your agent been selling auto insurance in Houston, Texas?
- How long has your agent been writing with this insurance company?
- What is your agents relationship with this company?
- How efficient is their claims department?
Question #3: What you should ask your agent about the claims process.
- What happens if you need to file a claim?
- Will the agent handle it or just give you an 800 number?
- What will the agent do if you are being avoided by the claims department?
- What will your agent do if the company is not performing well?
Question #4: You should ask your agent about the auto companies status and reputation.
What is your current Houston insurance carriers rating?
- If the company has an AM Best score between a B - A+ this is a solid company.
- If they have a lower rating than B or no rating at all you need to find out why. Is this a standard company with the State Of Texas or a county mutual insurance company? Ask for the companies rating and if the company is not rated then why? Also ask: How big is your book of business with this insurance carrier?
Question #5: You should ask your agent if any of your current clients have had trouble with this insurance company.
There is not a perfect Texas auto insurance company but there are some far more superior than others. These questions can help you get an idea of the company's customer service.
- Have there been claims that took too long to pay?
- Does the company have a 24-hour live claims service?
- Is this insurance carrier a standard company?
Question #6: Does the company offer a full year policy or just a six month policy?
By purchasing a full year policy you will not have to worry about a premium increase after only six months. This can save some real money if you get in an accident in the middle of your policy period.
Question #7: You should ask your agent about different payment methods and discounts for setting up automatic draft.
- You can pay by check, cash, MasterCard, Visa, Amex, electronic check, or automatic deduction through your checking account or credit card.
- Will the company give a discount if you bank draft? Some companies will give you a discount for allowing them to draft the monthly premium on the date the insured chooses
Question #8: What additional discounts are available?
- Texas Auto and Home insurance discount.
- includes condos, apartments, rental homes etc.
Ask your agent about all the available discounts.
- Is there a good driver's discount?
- Is there a good student discount?
- Is there a multiple Texas car insurance discount?
- Is there discounts for special alarms?
- Is there a driver training discount?
- Is there a student away at school without the vehicle discount?
Call Us Today!
Get online home, business, flood and Texas auto quotes. We are a complete online source for all your ins. policy coverage needs. Our team of licensed agents are specialized in all forms of Texas personal, commercial, vehicle and Houston homeowners policy coverage.
Ins. Over Texas
Dale Jackson Insurance Agency
Houston Homeowners and Auto Specialist!
430 Hwy 6 South #102
Houston, TX 77079
Phone: 281-398-9002 | Fax:281-398-3553
Insurance Over TX, 2008
Unauthorized duplication or publication of any materials from this site is expressly prohibited.
Powered By: Insurance Web Designs Websites For Insurance Agents