Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Texas
Houston, Texas has a population of more than 25 million people and is the State covered with the largest amount of water body, and it is easy to see why many of its occupants have taken hobbies related to water recreation. This, however, exposes it to any water body related nature perils such as wind damage, hurricane, hail, flooding, sun damage, among others. Therefore, the state has adopted strict operational requirements for anyone who owns a boat or watercraft. The state hasn’t instilled a law on having specific insurance coverage.
The minimum age required for one to have an operating boat license in the Houston is 13 yrs. So anyone over this age can operate a boat, yacht, Jet Ski or any other water body vessel as long as you complete and pass the boater education.
Shopping for boat insurance is like shopping for any other type of insurance, some options are considered. They include:
- Physical damage: this coverage pays for any damages related to any permanent part of your boat, from the motor to the damage caused on the body of the boat, or if it’s stolen.
- Liability Insurance: this ensures other boaters in the event you at- fault in a boat accident with them.
- Natural Causes insurance: this covers insurance related to damages caused by naturally occurring perils, e.g., hail or hurricanes.
- Medical Cover: this covers medical bills in case someone gets injured in your boat.
- Personal Effect
- Emergency Assistance: this covers for rescue in case you get stuck in the water miles offshore by the professional tow service.
- Loss replacement: when the boat sink or register loss due to fire or irreparable damage, a replacement for the total loss can be written when you have this cover.
The best way to enjoy boating with no stress in Houston, TX and protect your investment at the same time is by getting a boat insurance policy today.