Insurance Over Texas

430 Hwy 6 S. #102
Houston, TX 77079

About Insurance Over Texas

Does home insurance cover renovations?

At Insurance Over Texas, we want you to understand what home insurance covers so you know when you need to add a temporary policy or rider to it. When renovating your home, you must add a home renovation policy or rider. You won’t need this if you remodel your Houston, TX home.

What’s the difference between renovating and remodeling?

When you remodel your home, you use what you already own, rearranging your furniture or repurposing old pieces. You might add new curtains or rugs, but the work doesn’t require building anything new or tearing anything down.

When you renovate your home, you either tear out walls or other structural portions or build onto it. This requires construction permits if your municipality requires them. You should also add a rider or temporary policy called home renovation insurance to cover things like loss of materials or liability for worker injury because your typical home insurance policy does not cover these items.

Updating Your Policy Due to the Renovation

Also, review your policy with your insurance agent during your remodeling process. You’ll need to update it to cover your expanded square footage or include your home’s new features.

Contact Insurance Over Texas Today

Let us help you protect your financial future against losses related to your Houston, TX home. Insurance Over Texas can assist you in customizing your home insurance, providing you with precisely the coverage you need when you need it. Call or email us to learn how you can add protection to your home insurance bundle for your home and liability during the renovation process.

Insurance Blog

Servicing States

  • Texas